(AB57) Accounting and Tax Manager
Surrey | £40,000.00 - 50,000.00 Per Annum
Accounting and Tax manager
Audit, Accounting and related matters:
• Small and medium enterprise audits.
• Preparation, completion and finalising the financial statements in accordance with FRS, UK GAAP, IAS, IFRS and the UK Companies Act.
• Completion or assignment of audit exemption/accounting work to personnel that have a degree of technical training and proficiency.
• Manage outsourcing work with team members and clients of the different work load and timing.
• Give direction, training, supervision and review work at all levels to ensure that work meets appropriate standards of quality in accounting, company secretarial, and taxation matters.
• Discuss management accounts and other matters with the directors and stakeholders.
• Provide the professional financial management (CFO Services) back up to the clients in their business.
• Adequate knowledge of company secretarial and payroll, PTR and auto-enrolment services
• Business Development consists of internal and external work on bringing more business to the practice and developing new services/products as required within the client base.
• Fiduciary services for clients and companies which are done with different associates inside the UK.
Tax related matters ideally required should include:
• Consulting with clients and associates on a national and basic international level, including business structures. Liaise with other associates, depending on clients’ corporate and individual requirements. Consulting on all aspects of personal, UK and having some knowledge of other international taxes, UK knowledge and completion of VAT including MTD, CIS, ATED and other HMRC returns.
• Liaising with HMRC authorities on various tax matters on behalf of clients. Managing enquiries and prompt responses where applicable.The firm has a tax insurance product for clients
• Preperation and review of tax services for companies, charities, partnerships and individuals.
• Development and management of tax compliance (corporate and individual) for the company. In addition researching client requirements and attending relevant courses/seminars and webinars for both oneself and other members within the company in order to keep up to date.
The person being sought should :
• Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills, a team culture is essential.
• Be expected to build on very good relationships with both clients and colleagues.
• Able to develop and maintain a willingness to accept new challenges which are ongoing as we strive to improve our own efficiencies as the profession changes more to advisory roles.
• Able to cross sell other services to clients.
• Be aware of social media activities, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+
• Have good computer skills in MSOffice, SharePoint and other data-based products, QuickBooks online, TaxFiler, Iris or Sage or similar integrated packages are useful.
• Most communications apart from telecoms and web based tools, filings are electronic as well as are the internal systems used. All deadlines are driven via the SharePoint databases
• Be loyal, committed and hardworking and must be prepared to keep oneself up to date with continuing professional education. The firm is a 2020 member who provide a CPD program.