(AB68) Senor Accountant/Client Manager
£45,000.00 - 50,000.00 Per Annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated, experienced, and approachable Senior Accountant/Client Manager to join a medium sized Firm that boasts a diverse and growing portfolio of clients. This challenging role will involve managing team members to co-ordinate the production of company accounts, company tax returns, VAT Returns, and payroll matters to ensure full regulatory compliance. Knowledge of the personal tax system is also highly advantageous. As well as review work, you will also be flexible and willing to complete complex accountancy work yourself. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in the accounting/tax field, and be ready to share your detailed knowledge with colleagues to assist them in their work and ongoing professional development.
· Accounts preparation and finalisation for limited companies, LLPs, and sole traders across a variety of sectors (FRS 102/105).
· Constructive review of work prepared by more junior staff.
· Workflow planning and management, including task delegation to colleagues.
· Leading on HMRC Tax Enquiries.
· Day-to-day communication with clients and regulatory bodies (e.g. HMRC) by e-mail, telephone, and letter.
· Meeting clients.
· Providing concise, accurate taxation advice to clients.
· Joint management with the Partners/Directors of a diverse portfolio of clients.
· Management and delivery of ad hoc assignments on time and on budget.
· Proactively identifying challenges and proposing possible solutions.
· Training/mentoring/induction of staff.
· Other tasks as reasonably requested by the Partners/Directors.
· ACCA qualified, with at least 5 years solid post qualification experience within the UK accounting and tax sector.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
· Thorough understanding of UK accounting standards and practice – including corporation tax, VAT, CIS, payroll. Knowledge of personal tax an advantage.
· Able to manage competing priorities.
· Calm under pressure.
· Flexible ‘can do’ attitude.
· Strong team player with the ability to supervise a team of staff while maintaining strong professional relationships.
· Able to act on own initiative to complete tasks proactively.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office, TaxCalc, QuickBooks.
· Meticulous attention to detail.